These are my 10 Tips For Taking Better Photos (from my teacher)
1. Move in a little closer to the subject.
2. Be quick, dont wait to be certain about every knob, button, light.
3. Compose your shot with a nice, clear view.
4. Know what shot you want of the subject and leave out the distractions.
5. Focus on the subject.
6. Experiement with camera and catch the moment.
7. Pay attention to the kind of light around your subject.
8. Watch the weather, especially cloudy days.
9. Keep it simple with your camera settings.
10. Be bold and ask if its ok, before taking someone's picture.